Join us for a parade in Downtown Prairie du Chien!
ENTRY DETAILS FOR THE 350TH ANNIVERSARY PARADE
Sunday, June 18, 1:00 pm
**Updated Route: Starts at S Illinois and W. Blackhawk Ave
Grand Marshall’s: Stephanie Ruetten and Ella Demers-Ruetten, Descendants of Jolliet
PARADE AWARD CRITERIA
• To be included for judging, you must be lined up at S. Illinois and W. Blackhawk Ave no later than 12:30 pm. Judging will take place during the parade.
• Must display a 350th Anniversary or Fur Trader theme to qualify for awards.
- Mayor’s Award: Recipient is selected by the mayor of Prairie du Chien or his designee.
- Grand Marshals Award: Selected by the parade Grand Marshal.
- Parade Spirit Award: The entry which best demonstrates the 350th Anniversary theme of the parade.
- Business Award: The best entry from a local business.
- Civic Award: The best entry from a civic/nonprofit organization.
- School Award: The best entry from a school (can be a float or band).
- Sound/Movement Award: The best entry for a band/ dance group.
This category will be judged during the parade and the award given at the end of the parade.
Good luck and have fun!
Four days marking the 350th anniversary of the historical expedition of Fr Marquette and Louis Jolliet in 1673.
The event will be in conjunction with the Prairie Villa Rendezvous and the Rendezvous Flea Market sponsored by the Prairie du Chien Fire Association!
The weekend will include carriage rides, Native American dancers, a medallion hunt, axe throwing, beard contest, art programs, kid’s activities, carnival performers, square dancing, historical tours, fireworks, and more!
Ending with our big parade on Sunday.
Bring chairs or blankets to be comfortable and enjoy all the events